Thursday, June 13, 2013

Beat the Heat


           As the days of lounging by the pool and strutting around in your bathing suit all day rapidly approach, there's one thing that's on all our minds: how in the world are we going to beat this heat? Where I live in California, summer starts early and the people melt faster than ice cream. Now, I enjoy summer like the rest of the world but I have grown to have a different take on it than most people as I grow older. Sure, I love going to the beach and watching the sun make my fair complexion into that of a golden goddess, but there's more to it. With all the lounging around and barbecues to ensue, I go into this summer with the idea of detox. Think about it for a minute: all this fresh fruit, drinking tons of water, and playing in the water all day. Summer is actually a three month workout plan, if you do it right. Now, I'm not going to judge someone for indulging at a barbecue (I've been known to enjoy a slab of ribs once or twice). I know in the months leading up to summer people spend hours in the gym trying to get that perfect beach body but it doesn't stop there. Just keep that in mind these next few months.



(image found on Google Images.  I make no claim of owning this image.)

No comments:

Post a Comment