Saturday, April 6, 2013

Air Curler

So as I was in the middle of a Bridezilla meltdown marathon, a commercial came on that had me really "intrigued". The first thing I saw was a girl who was holding a - what I can best describe as - a blender to her hair and after letting the contraption blow for a short while, revealed a loose flowy curl. This immediately brought back memories of the early 2000s of the Conair Quick Braid in which you placed two pieces of hair into the prongs and pushed the button and "magically", your hair was braided. The same concerns I had with using the Quick Braid popped into my brain. I remember attempting to use it, but each time, my hair was either too thick or ended up in horrible knots that could not be undone until my hair was washed. Curiosity got the better of me and I went to the official website for the Air Curler to get more information. To say the least, I have no words to describe how ridiculous and frivolous this item seems. First off, you have insert your hair dryer into the mechanism to power it, hoping it fits. While it does the allure of both drying and curling your hair (a claim made by several companies), I can't help but giggle at the the other claims made, including it being usable on short hair and tangle free curls. On the site, there is a slideshow of girls who have used the product with more wave than curl. Also, you can tell in the video and in the pictures that you can only take the device up a certain way up your hair without it being uncomfortable or catching short hairs. Another big thing they push is that it is quicker than curling your hair with a curling iron. Being someone who used to curl her hair often, I can honestly say it is not the device that you use, but rather the method that determines how long it will take to do one's hair. While in theory, the idea of drying and curling your hair at the same time is a girl's wet dream, the way they went about this silly and gives whole new meaning to the phrase "sticking your head into a blender".

No comments:

Post a Comment